Friday, September 20, 2013

Infatuated by Elle Jordan



Title: Infatuated

Author: Elle Jordan

Genre: Contemporary New Adult

Publisher: EJ Books

Release Date: Oct 2013


Book Links

Goodreads | Website



When I took a job as a bartender at Hanson’s to help pay for my classes, the last thing I expected to find was Kale Wilder. He’s sexy, smart, and he makes me smile and laugh faster than anyone ever has. More importantly, he makes me believe in Mr. Right.

But Kale came to the wrong place at the wrong time, because someone else has his eyes on me. Someone who watches my every move.

Kale’s the only one I want, but the more I feel for him, the more I fear for my safety. Because the other guy is getting closer and doesn't want to share. He’s made it clear if he can’t have me, no one can.


Excerpt:

“Hey, I delivered the date, I get to make the rules.”

Kale made my head spin, but in a good way. A confusing way that I could hardly keep up with at times—like now. It was a good thing I didn’t mind a little confusion in a man. Or at least I didn’t mind it in him.

I smiled. “So that’s how this works? Your date, your rules?”

“Exactly.”

“Then wouldn’t it be my date since you brought it to me?”

He gave me a hard stare. “You didn’t warn me you were a thinker.”

“You should have asked.” I put my hands on my hips. “So is that a good thing or a bad thing? Do I lose points for not living up to the dumb blond stereotype?”

“You’re a blond? I thought you were a redhead.” He shook his head sadly. “Damn bar lightning.”

“I’m gonna remember that one.”

He shot me a wicked grin that made my heart flutter. “I’ll make it up to you, don’t worry.”

“Mhmm.”

“Hey, I keep my word.” His eyes smoldered. “Trust me, it’ll be my pleasure to make it up to you.”

Mr heart raced, even as I laughed. “I’ll bet.”

“Besides, some of the smartest women I know are blonds, so that stereotype has already been blown out of the water.” He jerked a thumb toward the blankets. “So. You getting in so we can start our date or what?”

“You going to be a gentleman and help me in or what?” I didn’t actually need help getting in, but two could play the game.

He took the single step it took to get to me and placed his hands on my hips. “An excuse to get my hands on you? I’ll take it.” He was stronger than he looked, lifting me easily. But instead of setting me in the SUV, he brought me against his body, holding me there. The hard lines of his chest pressed against mine.

Heat radiated from every inch of him, like being wrapped in one of those blankets he had back there. Warm, encompassing, enveloping. Being held by him, this close, should have made me feel trapped.

It made me feel free.

He stared into my eyes and the flecks of green shimmered like emeralds.

Oh, hell. I am getting girly.


Author Info

Elle lives in the south, about an hour from the Happiest Place on Earth (aka Disney), drinks enough Mtn. Dew to keep the company in business, and has four lovable (read: evil and conniving) pets. She’s also the secret, evil alter-ego of another name. She’d tell you that other name, but then it wouldn’t be a secret.

When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found on Facebook, Twitter, or with Photoshop open, making covers for books she doesn’t have enough time to write.

Author Links

Blog | Facebook Author Page | Goodreads | Pinterest | Twitter

 photo HappyReadingCarin.png

1 comment: